October 13, 2017
August 1, 2017
Below are the bare minimum steps to install Ubiquiti’s Network Management System on a Docker container on Azure Ubuntu VM. After adding my ER-X-SFP v 1.9.7 to UNMS, I can now see it on the UNMS console.
- Create new VM "Docker on Ubuntu Server"
- For VM Size, I used Basic A1, which nearly corresponds with the requirements for RAM (1.75GB vs 2 GB)
- Connect to VM using Putty
- Username and pwd are the ones you typed in when creating the VM
- Update Ubuntu to 16.04.1 (or newer)
- To check upgrade succeeded, run
- According to UNMS installation steps at https://github.com/Ubiquiti-App/UNMS/wiki/Installation-%26-Update run commands
- Add HTTP endpoint to Azure VM, optionally allowing it only from your IP address
- Connect to UNMS using browser at http://xyz.cloudapp.net
- In UNMS Settings, I changed the “Ping Address” to ping.ubnt.com as suggested at https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Ubiquiti-Network-Management/ICMP-blocked-to-UNMS-in-Azure/m-p/2007979#M219
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
$ lsb_release -a
$ curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ubiquiti-App/UNMS/master/install.sh > /tmp/unms_install.sh && sudo bash /tmp/unms_install.sh
In addition I changed UNMS Inform port using the following command, and added endpoint to Azure to allow it from my home IP.
$ sudo bash /tmp/unms_install.sh --ws-port 8444
I also added CNAME to my DNS provider to access UNMS using my my own domain name. In UNMS settings at Settings –> UNMS I added this custom domain name unms.mydomain.com to “UNMS Hostname/IP”.
May 2, 2017
When installing Office Online Server on Windows Server 2016, and using the Add-WindowsFeature script provided on all of the installation instruction articles, such as this, you will get error
Add-WindowsFeature : ArgumentNotValid: The role, role service, or feature name is not valid: 'InkandHandwritingServices'. The name was not found.
Windows Server 2016 doesn’t contain Ink And Handwriting Services, so omit that from the Add-WindowsFeature command. So, working script for WS2016 is:
March 31, 2017
Steps to repro:
- On SharePoint publishing page, add Script Editor web part to content area or web part zone
- Add the following code to the web part (any JS will do the trick):
- Click Insert at the bottom of the Script Editor content dialog
--> Chrome throws you to page saying
This page isn’t working
- Try visiting the site's homepage.
WorkaroundYou can disable the XSS Auditor by appending the following value to web.config on your on-premises SharePoint 2013 or 2016 web site.
<add name="X-XSS-Protection" value="0" />
For SharePoint Online, there is no workaround at the moment.
March 21, 2017
When fetching SPList items using SPFx and REST combined with CAMLQuery, you need to use spHttpClient.post. However, the following code wasn’t working:
But instead it was throwing errors such as:
The property 'query' does not exist on type 'SP.Data.PagesItem'. Make sure to only use property names that are defined by the type.
An entry without a type name was found, but no expected type was specified. To allow entries without type information, the expected type must also be specified when the model is specified.
First of all make sure you use the “odata-version: 3.0”, but more importantly, as you’re using POST, change the REST URL from …/items to …/GetItems.
Final working code:
Oh, and no need to use JSON.stringify() when building the ISPHttpClientOptions body query, just use ` around the code and it will already be a string.
March 17, 2017
On a feedback form implementation, you can make the SAVE button redirect to any page you wish using the Source Query String parameter. But how to make the CANCEL button to not redirect to this same Source page, which is commonly a “Thank you” page?
- Create new “New” form for the list.
- Find SharePoint:GoBackButton control
- Add new parameter RedirectUrl with the URL where Cancel button should redirect to.
In my case it is just redirecting to the front page of the site.
March 9, 2017
eth0 = internet
eth1 = LAN
eth0.252 = IPTV VLAN
LAN subnet = 192.168.1.0/24
1. Add new VLAN interface
4. For firewall create address group IPTV for multicast traffic
5. For firewall, create two rules: IPTV_IN and IPTV_LOCAL, assign to eth0.252/in and eth0.252/local
Keywords: Sonera Viihde, Fibre, Fiber, sonera viihde iptv omalla reitittimellä