- Create new VM "Docker on Ubuntu Server"
- For VM Size, use B1ms
- Connect to VM using Putty
- Username and pwd are the ones you typed in when creating the VM
- Update Ubuntu to 16.04.1 (or newer) $ sudo apt-get update
- To check upgrade succeeded, run $ lsb_release -a
- According to UNMS installation steps at https://github.com/Ubiquiti-App/UNMS/wiki/Installation-%26-Update run commands $ curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ubiquiti-App/UNMS/master/install.sh > /tmp/unms_install.sh && sudo bash /tmp/unms_install.sh
- Add HTTP endpoint to Azure VM, optionally allowing it only from your IP address
- Connect to UNMS using browser at http://xyz.cloudapp.net
- In UNMS Settings, I changed the “Ping Address” to ping.ubnt.com as suggested at https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Ubiquiti-Network-Management/ICMP-blocked-to-UNMS-in-Azure/m-p/2007979#M219
$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Optional modificationsIn addition I changed UNMS Inform port using the following command, and added endpoint to Azure to allow it from my home IP.
I also added CNAME to my DNS provider to access UNMS using my my own domain name. In UNMS settings at Settings –> UNMS I added this custom domain name unms.mydomain.com to “UNMS Hostname/IP”.$ sudo bash /tmp/unms_install.sh --ws-port 8444